|WoW Patch 5.0.5 has been applied on September 11 on all realms. Below, we have posted the patch notes for the 5.0.5 and the Hotfixes that follow.
We are still working on the update of Magelo Sync, the Armory Import and the website. As usual we will compensate our Premium members with extra time on their subscriptions.
World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes
- Talents can no longer be removed if they are currently on cooldown.
- Druids under the effect of Dash no longer gain the Stampeding Roar buff from other Druids.
- Eclipse should no longer provide bonus damage after it fades.
- The Devilsaur Hunter pet ability Terrifying Roar should no longer apply to player pets or guardians.
- Pyroblast and Combustion should combine to do the expected amount of damage and critical damage.
- The initial damage of Combustion is now properly affected by Shatter, increasing its crit chance accordingly.
- Cauterize can now only absorb up to twice the mages's maximum health.
- Glyphed Inferno Blast should properly apply the Pyromaniac debuff.
- Holy Paladins should now get the intended 15% bonus to spell hit.
- Shadow Word: Pain should now interrupt flag captures and other similar processes with its initial damage (but not it's periodic damage over time).
- Crimson Tempest should now stack correctly with Sanguinary Veins and Mastery: Executioner.
- Cheat Death can now only absorb up to twice the rogue's maximum health.
- Shadowburn should always return a Burning Ember when it instantly kills the warlock's target.
- Soul Leech now causes Fel Flame to heal the Warlock for 10% of damage dealt in all three specs.
- Fel Armor now increases Warlock's health by 10%.
- Dungeons and Raids
- Janice Barov's Gravity Flux and Whirl of Illusion should now interact with players' immunity abilities as expected.
- The level requirement for use of a number of elixirs has been fixed.
- Players are now able to complete the quest Mimicking Nature's Call by using the Carved Horn near the frozen waterfall in Howling Fjord.
- The quest objective for Call of Duty should again require that players "Ride the mercenary ship to Vashj'ir".
- Bug Fixes
- Level 10 characters logging into patch 5.0.5 for the first time will now learn Control Pet and Control Demon properly.
- Death Knights advanced via a scroll of resurrection should now receive all level appropriate abilities including Death Gate and the two unique mounts: the Deathcharger and the Winged Steed.
- In the Gilneas starting area, Lady Sylvanas' health has been returned to normal.
- The Ethereal Soul-Trader pet is now immune to player abilities.
- We've made numerous fixes to the behavior of various systems in Cross-Realm Zones.
- Dash again provides the intended speed bonus when reactivated after shifting out of and back into Cat Form.
- Feral stealth has been made more effective.
- Camouflage should no longer be cancelled on the hunter when an effect causes it to be cancelled on the hunter's pet. Cancelling a hunter's Camouflage should always cancel it on the pet.
- It should no longer be possible to spell reflect Narrow Escape.
- Combustion should no longer ignore target damage multipliers when calculating the damage of the Pyroblast DoT on the target.
- Divine Purpose should only have one chance to activate once per finisher (which must land on at least one target).
- Lightwell charges are no longer consumed and wasted if a player rapidly clicks on the Lightwell.
- Stealth has been made more effective.
- Dungeons and Raids
- The Glory of the Cataclysm Hero meta achievement no longer improperly requires a Mists of Pandaria dungeon achievement.
- The Chess encounter should once again proceed at its former, more leisurely pace.
- The Eye
- Kaelthas Sunstriders Gravity Lapse should once again function properly.
- The Ruby Sanctum
- Halion should no longer despawn shortly after entering combat.
World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.5
- Many tooltips have been corrected to account for recent class balance adjustments.
- The 25% speed increase granted by Cat Form should no longer stack with the speed increase of Dash.
- All hunter aspects have been removed from the global cooldown, and they again share a 1 second category cooldown
- Holy Shocks base damage has been reduced, and its spellpower coefficient has been increased.
- Havocs cooldown has been reduced from 45 to 25 seconds.
- The missile effect of Chaos Wave should no longer display erratically when cast on a moving target.
- Well of Eternity
- The spell graphic for Arcane Bomb during the Queen Azshara encounter has been reduced to a reasonable size.
- The Silence and Pacify effects from Conservator's Grip are now removed from players once they step within the appropriate area radius of a Healthy Spore mushroom.
- Dragon Soul
- Player pets should no longer experience pathing issues when attacking Deathwing's Arm Tentacles.
- Congealing Bloods now move at slower base speed.
- Master Looters can again assign loot to players in other groups within a raid.
- The Refer-A-Friend Summon should again function as expected.
- Worgen players on pre-Cataclysm accounts should be able to accept and complete all Gilneas quests.
- Players should again be able to teleport out of the Firelands Hatchery in Hyjal if they have completed Aessina's Miracle.
- Players should be able to use the new Fishing spell where appropriate.
- Crossing coalesced zone boundaries should not duplicate profession recipes.
- Players should no longer inappropriately receive the "Requires master riding skill" or "Requires artisan riding skill" errors when attempting to mount certain mounts.
- Items in the Auction House UI should no longer display in reverse order when sorted.
- The PvP node capture bar should be back in expected locations such as Wintergrasp, Tol Barad and Venture Bay.
- Players should no longer be placed into battlegrounds that they have downvoted while queueing for a Random battleground.
- Flying over Wintergrasp when no battle is active should no longer cause a forced dismount.
- Accepting a quest that flags you for PvP combat should no longer prevent you from accepting further quests.
- As he deserves, Crithto should now be attackable by both Alliance and Horde players.
- Resolved a Mac issue related to CPU usage.
- [Taiwan and China only] Fixed an issue that was preventing the white Murloc pet Terky from appearing in the Pet Journal.